Three women from diverse backgrounds came together to create AWILL because they identified a need for positive leadership role models for women of all ages, cultures, education and experiences.
AWILL is a registered Alberta association, driven by a common commitment to honor and celebrate the community of women.
To see all women fully living out their inherent leadership potential.
To ignite a positive and empowering future for all women by fostering a culture that:
- Inspires the sharing of wisdom, develops leadership abilities, seizes growth opportunities, and increases knowledge of organizational and personal success.
- Supports equality and open participation.
- Influences other women and creates respected role models for future generations.
- Encourages the creation of organic concepts and ideas for greater individual and collective achievement.
- Fosters an atmosphere that supports every woman’s journey to achieve their full leadership potential, regardless of age, race, ability or orientation.
It is through a sincere acceptance of diversity that extraordinary synergy is achieved.
Every women is blessed with the inherent ability to lead, by nurturing this quality within ourselves and others, truly great things are possible. A balanced approach creates a broader landscape for increased opportunity.
Leaving a legacy of possibility for future women is a fundamental desire that enables generational advancement.
Positive role modelling is the responsibility of all women and is the essence of life-long learning.
“If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.”
— Dolly Parton, singer-songwriter